Eclipse: Do's & Don'ts
Bhashya Katha on Eclipse
- Vakta: P.P. Satsangbhushandasji Swami
- Wash clothes used for puja and others, your house, temple
should be cleaned.
- Bed, Blankets, etc. are to be dusted or exposed to sunlight.
- Food made by mixing flour and water should not be eaten, do
not keep drinking water in a pot.
- After Eclipse is over, do not touch clothes before taking
bath. So, before eclipse begins, put aside clothes/towel etc.
to be used after your bath.
- Prepare the place for worship during eclipse, do not use cotton
sheets to sit on, such sheets should be dusted and put away.
- Do not eat during eclipse and vedh (9 hours before
Lunar eclipse starts and 12 hours before Solar eclipse starts).
- Put aside other activities and plan to spend time doing Dhun/Kirtan.
- Spend your time doing Dhun/Kirtan, reading/listening scriptures
- Pray to god to protect us from the vices like lust, and anger.
- Take bath/shower with all clothes and then only touch/wear
- Grihasth (Householders) should donate for good causes,
Tyagi (Saints) should do puja of God.
- Prepare food for God, offer Him food and take the prasad.
- After taking bath/shower only, one should touch God or do
the normal activities.
It is desirable to have a temple or an organization arrange
Dhun/Kirtan program during the eclipse.
Solar and Lunar Eclipse information
NASA Website: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html
Lunar Eclipse details - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/LunarEclipse.php
Solar Eclipse details - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/SolarEclipses.php
Total Sun and Moon data - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php