Punishment to Kotara
After having beaten by Hanumanji, much frightened Kritya went straight
to Kalidatta. They told him everything that happened in Chappaiya.
Kalidatta became angry and both of his eyes became red with anger.
Therefore, he called Kotara, who is the most dangerous women with
devilish powers. Kalidatta ordered Kotara "to go to Chappaiya
and kill Ghanshyam immediately."
Kotara said "O King! I will just go to Chappaiya and kill
Ghanshyam immediately." Kotara was so dark and devilish looking
like an ox with two horns. Her hair was very long and curly. She
had worn a garland of skulls around her neck with a sharp trishul
in her hand. She went to Chappaiya and was hiding behind Ghanshyam's
house. Ghanshyam was only six days old. Everyone was celebrating
and busy in their own work. Kotara saw that no one was taking care
of Ghanshyam. She rushed to Ghansyam's cradle with the hope to kill
him. But as she reached to the cradle, the divine lights from Ghanshyam
threw her far away. Her tongue came out with blood and trishul flew
away. Divine light from Ghanshyam's eyes burned Kotra's body. Kotara
started screaming and slowly died.
The people heard the noise and gathered around. They were scared
by see ing the body of the monster, Kotara. Dharmadev started to
recite the Narayan Kavach. They picked up her monsterous body and
threw it into the jungle. They realized that Ghanshyam was not an
ordinary child, but instead was the God himself.
Answer the following questions.
- Where did the frightened Krtiyas go?
- What did Kalidatta order to Kotara?
- How old was Ghanshyam when Kotara visited
- How does Kotara look like?
- How did Ghanshyam kill Kotara?
- What did the people do with the dead body
Fill in the blanks after reading the story.
- Kotara had _______________ in her hand.
- Kotara was hiding behind ___________ _____________.
- Kotara was burned by the _________ __________
- Dharmadev started to recite the __________
- ___________ sent Kotara to _______ Ghanshyam.